Sunday 24 March 2013

Unacceptable

"The sports fan in me feels quite numb."

Right I don't know where to begin so off the bat I'm just going to say this; I've never liked Sebastian Vettel. He's not a real driver, he was gifted three world championships on a silver platter, he's had the easy route his whole career and has been protected by some people who are deemed untouchable. He is the puppet boy controlled by the puppet masters. Furthermore, on a Sunday or, race day, for most of them I am working which generally means I can only catch highlights, which is fine because I'm out earning a living to keep me afloat at university.



So I work hard for roughly ten hours on a Sunday 7-5 kind of job, long days work which I do enjoy, but come 5 o'clock I'm tired. I generally want to come home, have a nice dinner and relax watching some Grand Prix action and then I come on here and do my thing. So how does it feel knowing that I find out prematurely that one of only nineteen races this year has been tarnished in controversy by a driver who I despise more than any human being on the planet? Revolting.

I've not watched the race. I'm not going to. Read autosport, BBC, eurosport, Sky if you have too, it's all the same but it has to be sugar coated in order to remain "partial." Well, bias is a luxury I can afford, except it's not called bias and it means something completely different. It's called honesty, and here is what those websites all want to say:

Sebastian Vettel disgraces everything F1 by deifying team orders.

Yes, "disgraces". He is a disgrace to his team, to his country, to his fellow drivers but worst of all, he has had a total lack of respect for his team mate and us the fans. I don't want to hear any of this "racing" bollocks. he was told to stand down by his boss, and he refused. He has thought himself a better mind than his team principle, his arrogance sickens me.

There is no further doubt in my head, and I am not ashamed to say: Sebastian Vettel is utter scum. Any die hard Vettel fans who are reading this and thinking of commenting, don't bother your opinion is now and forever invalid (I will still publish just to let the world see how fickle you are). 

"Mark is too slow get him out of the way." Piss off you immature excuse of a human being. How can anybody criticise their team mate like that? Mark Webber has nothing to show for it because of Vettel being easily played, but he is the better racing driver and character of the two. It's him today I feel so sorry for because I can't see him wanting to be at Red Bull any more. If you gave him a drive in a Marussia he'd be happy to get away from that sly piece of work. Christian Horner and Adrian Newey need to handle this correctly. Who am I kidding, no they won't. 

Sad thing is, nothing will get done. As Webber says, "he is protected." The FIA can't do anything, it wasn't illegal. Red Bull can do something, but they won't. What they can actually do, is flag up something to do with the FIA, even something made up about Seb's car that deems it illegal, thus disqualifying Vettel and giving Mark his rightful place. The team are going to win the championship any way, they can afford to give up the points. But they won't for fear of upsetting their cry baby "world champion."  

This is how soccer-ball fans must feel every week, complete and utter jokes and mugs for actually watching nonsense events such as this. I'm not proud to be a fan of F1 today. I will be tomorrow again when I clear my head and realise there is still a long way to go, but right now the sports fan in me feels quite numb.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're in the overall majority of people, and by overall, you're not one of the four pro-Vettel fans, such as his mum, Horner, Marko and a guy on Twitter.

      Delete
  2. I have felt that way for the last two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never liked him, since that one race with Sauber in 2007, I knew there was something annoying about him. He just looked like a little gobshite.

      Delete
  3. Well Said. Here is my take on it http://www.sportsbyharro.com/post/46184410733/what-team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting a mention on Twitter, that's brilliant.
      I'm doing a follow up blog to this one and you'll get a mention on it too.

      Delete
  4. Not a hardcore Vettal fan but he is a good driver I woke up in the wee hours to watch this. Controversy is all you can say, I thought Webber was going to kill Vettal in the green room that man was pissed, but like a real man he did the pre race. Interview without saying one negative about his teammate BRAVO! Then Lewis and Nico had their issue, but Lewis Hamilton did the right thing, by saying lets race. He didn't look happy to podium the way he did.
    This is a big money business and you want your show horse investment to pay off. I really feel for Mark today he got the shaft, but damn the man needs to get better starts so this doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the bulk of your comment, but the first sentence I can't agree with. At best, he's average. Give him and (let's say for agruments sake) Nico Rosberg two stock cars, Rosberg will have him.

      It's no longer about getting better starts for Mark, it's about looking for a different seat.

      Delete
  5. Webber actually did get a good start, im not a die hard Vetel fan but any top F1 driver is selfish, they dont like coming second and always want to come first no matter what. Vetel is one of the most winingest drivers on that F1 grid and he and Mark have the same car and have had the same car the last three championships Vetel has won. If Mark really was a better driver and racer he would of beaten Vetel and won those three championships!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was his best starts for seasons, he deserved to win purely for that!

      For the statement "same car" I completely disagree and there is more than enough evidence to vouch for it, like Ferrari and more recently Lotus, they've backed one driver and one driver alone. They've made sure they give that one driver everything.

      Mark hasn't won because he hasn't had the equal opportunity that he should have in a team.

      Delete
  6. Honestly I completely disagree. F1 is a complete joke consternation to what it used to be. It's all political. Who wants to watch the top four drivers in a race coast for ten laps? If the argument is about fuel, than the teams should put more in the tank to begin with. Sebastian is a racing driver, he is programmed to win. This is exactly like what senna did with prost in the late 80's. "If you settle for second, third, or fourth, you're no longer a racing driver. Hell, this is why NASCAR is big in the states. I can't stand NASCAR but ill give them some credit for at least driving with some balls. F1 needs to take a step back, seb just wanted to win, apparently more than webber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're wrong, as I've stated and quoting Senna does not make for a suitable agruement, as you'll find out in my next blog.

      Delete
  7. I'd like to respond to something picked up on in the media, and subsequently the fans particularly the Seb fans. That is that Mark has done the same too Seb at Silverstone 2011, I believe but don't quote me on the date. In my opinion this situation was totally different, and actually more like the Rosberg/Lewis order.
    Mark did come up along side Seb, though never did pass in the end, the main difference though is that they weren't running P1and 2, and had anything happened to Fernando, who was then P1, they would then be fighting for P1. This is just another example of Seb's status within Redbull.
    I have nothing against teams having a No1and 2 driver, or team orders, after all it is a team sport. For me the most important thing is the team, remember driver's win no money for winning races or WDC's, they get what's in their contract, whereas for the team's it's worth money, and goes a little way towards them being able to continue competing . Teammate's must be aware of their position in the team though, and that doesn't appear to be the case with Redbull. At least C Horner says their supposed to be equal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Disgrace" is the right word..Vettel has had 3 championships already, he can't just give this one to Mark? What a prick. Not a fan of Mark but he deserved the win.

    This is what I thought of the race - http://lewisf1.blogspot.com/2013/03/sepang-2013-awkward-gp.html

    Cheers buddy..

    ReplyDelete